A simple dish perfect as a weeknight dinner.
Toast chopped blanched almonds on low heat. When golden, transfer to a bowl.
Chop the sun-dried tomato (I don’t soak them because of the cream sauce later, but you can). Heat skillet on medium, add butter and then the tomatoes.
Stir for a few minutes, until they soften. Cut the chicken into thin stripes.
Add chicken. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until chicken is mostly cooked through.
At this point, you can put the water on to boil, and cook pasta according to directions.
Add the mixture of water, sour cream and cornstarch to the chicken, as well as almonds, and lightly stir.
Chop the basil.
Add basil and simmer 3-5 minutes, until basil is wilted.
By now, the pasta should be done, so drain it and add to the chicken.
Stir and serve with fresh basil leaves.
- 1/4 cup (30 g) almonds, blanched and chopped
- 1/4 cup (15 g) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 g) butter
- 1 lbs (450 g) chicken, sliced into thin strips
- 8 oz (230 g) pasta
- 2 tbsp (20 g) cornstarch
- 1 cup (230 ml) sour cream
- 1 cup (230 ml) cold water
- handful fresh basil leaves
- salt to taste
- Toast chopped blanched almonds on low heat. When golden, transfer to a bowl.
- Heat skillet on medium, add butter and tomatoes. Stir for a few minutes, until they soften.
- Add chicken. Cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is mostly cooked through.
- Put water on to boil, and cook pasta according to directions.
- In a separate bowl, mix sour cream and cornstarch. Slowly add water to avoid lumps. When consistent, add the mixture and the almonds to the chicken and lightly stir until it thickens.
- Add chopped basil and simmer until the basil is wilted.
- Drain the pasta and add to chicken.
- Stir until all the pasta is coated in sauce and serve with fresh basil leaves.